| || ||
:: INCO Medal
The donor of the Inco Medal is Inco Limited. It has been awarded annually since 1933. The medal is made of platinum, with a replica made in nickel.
1. The Inco Medal is to be presented as a mark of distinction and recognition to the person who has made a meritorious and practical contribution of outstanding importance to the mining and metallurgical industry of Canada. The distinctive contributions to be thus recognized must be applicable to the winning or treatment of Canadian minerals, fuels or metallurgical products.
2. The award may be presented from time to time as circumstances warrant, but not more than one award shall be made in any given year.
3. Nominations for the award shall be made over the signatures of at least ten (10) CIM National Members and forwarded to the Executive Director of the Institute by January 15th in the calendar year of the award.
4. Every nomination shall be accompanied by an authenticated description of the meritorious contribution, with details as to its practical value.
5. Following the last day of January, the Executive Director of the Institute shall refer all such nominations to the Institute Honours Committee.
6. This Committee shall present its report and recommendations to CIM Council not later than the last Council meeting held prior to the next Annual General Meeting of the Institute.
7. No member of the Institute Honours Committee shall be party to the nominations of any candidate.
8. When reasonably possible, the recipient shall be expected to receive the Medal in person during the course of the first Annual General Meeting following the announcement of the award, or at such other time and place as CIM Council may direct.
9. All nominations properly presented shall remain in good standing for a period of three years unless formally withdrawn over the signatures of a majority of the members responsible for the nomination.
10. Nominees should be CIM National Members.
Deadline for nominations is January 15.
Click here for a nomination form, this will take you to the CIM web site.