|Home News Conferences Commodities Publications Business Directory Resources Help|
:: The AuslMM G B O'Malley Medal
The O'Malley Medal commemorates the service to The Institute and its members of G B O'Malley. It shall be considered as The Institute's highest student award. It shall be awarded annually to a Student member of The Institute for the best preparation and presentation of a technical paper.
1. A Branch or Student Chapter Chairman shall approve those occasions at which Student papers to be considered for the O'Malley Medal are to be presented. This presentation shall be in the presence of other students.
2. Adjudication of Student performance shall be by a Committee of a least three Institute Members (of whom at least two are Corporate Members) established by the Branch or Student Chapter Chairman. The Committee's report together with a copy of the nominated student's paper shall be sent to the Chief Executive Officer of The Institute within one month of the performance.
3. Only students who are Student members of The Institute prior to the performance shall be eligible to receive the Medal. The presentation of the award shall be made at a prominent formal meeting of The Institute with accompanying publicity of the award and recipient.
4. Eligible students for the Medal shall be undergraduates or graduates of less than 12 months standing at the time of nomination.
5. Student papers submitted for nomination shall be considered for publication in The AuslMM Proceedings or The AuslMM Bulletin.
© 1998-2017, Minerals Engineering International