| || ||
Process Engineer, Benefication (Communition, Solid/Liquid Separation and Concentration) [July 9, 2018]
Location: Kempton Park Area, Gauteng, Soth Africa
Our client brings together a unique source of equipment supply and engineering and project management services for the production of the full range of minerals and metals. They are currently sourcing a Process Engineer for their specialised handling unit to take responsibility for providing technical solutions by analysing, selecting, adjudicating, developing and implementing equipment and systems for processing minerals and commodities based on the company’s products, primarily in the beneficiation step including communition, solid/liquid separation and concentration.
The successful incumbent will have a tertiary qualification in Mineral Processing/Chemical/Metallurgical Engineering and 8 years’ post-graduation experience including slurry handling, mineral processing and/or solid/liquid separation; able to travel internationally without restrictions and eligible to work in South Africa immediately.
Reports to: Manager, Specialized Handling
Primary purpose: The Process Engineer is primarily responsible for providing technical solutions by analysing, selecting, adjudicating, developing and implementing equipment and systems for processing minerals and commodities based on the company’s products, primarily in the beneficiation step including comminution, solid/liquid separation and concentration. With its proven expertise the Process Engineer focuses on assessing requirements and proposes solutions for the company’s clients in South Africa and the wider sub-Saharan region to achieve the organization’s objectives.
Role & responsibilities:
- Conducts and is responsible for process design, equipment sizing based on customer requirements and best industry practise;
- Conducts and is responsible for test work in the company’s lab and third party locations including sites;
- Prepares related test work reports and presents results to clients, third parties and the company’s team;
- Prepares and presents the technical proposal including review of client/third party specifications, prepares detailed lists of process and technical deviations all with the aim to lead to acquisition and successful execution of projects;
- Visits customers and actively participates in meetings to assess and clarify all technical matters;
- Proactively suggests and evaluates new applications and new products;
- Provides technical support to other parts of the organization and its agents on a case to case basis;
- Advises project management on process requirements, performance tests and guarantees;
- Prepares hand over documents to project management;
- Prepares process section of operating manuals, performance test procedures;
- Prepares and clarifies control philosophy documents;
- Performs process commissioning including performance tests and trial runs after mechanical completion, prepares commissioning and final handover reports and client liaison after start-up;
- Report on quality problems and improvement ideas;
- Proactively promotes to clients possible equipment enhancements as well as service and maintenance contracts in association with the aftermarket department;
- Actively promote company image (liaison with customers, suppliers and media), exhibition work, attend seminars;
- Support costing and estimating of company products;
Travel requirements: Must be able to travel internationally, without restrictions. Must be eligible to work in South Africa immediately.
Country: South Africa
Location: Kempton Park Area
Job Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have a strong client focus and a genuine desire to excel as the technical expert for minerals processing;
- Must have thorough knowledge and proven working experience with relevant parties in the local industry;
- Must have strong problem solving as well as strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to interpret third party laboratory and pilot scale test work and presents results to client and other third parties;
- Must be able to recognize and interpret technical issues and be able to obtain detailed information required to evaluate and solve;
- Must have superior process engineering skills and be capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines;
- Should have proven customer service skills in particular trouble shooting in case of process performance issues;
- Must be a team player: willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, contribute, share, and seek information and guidance;
- Is committed to continuously act in an environmentally and socially conscientious manner to maintain the dependability, integrity, and safety of the company’s work sites and systems;
- Prior knowledge and experience of requirements of regulatory bodies would be beneficial.
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have a relevant qualification in Mineral Processing/Chemical/Metallurgical Engineering;
- 8 years post-graduation experience;
- Proven experience, including slurry handling, mineral processing and/or solid/liquid separation, as member of an operation/supplier/engineering organisation;
- Good interpersonal skills are essential;
- Computer literacy in the MS Office suite is essential;
- Must be familiar with applicable codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices;
- Must be capable of interacting with peers, Project Managers, Site Managers and clients;
- Must have proven track record of accomplishments as a process engineer on industrial projects/ operations and be capable of working in a team of engineers, designers and support personnel.
- Must be able to travel internationally, without restrictions;
- Must be able to put in required hours/efforts as per sales requirements;
- Must be eligible to work in South Africa immediately;
- Must be fluent in English language - verbal and written. A further language - common in the territory - would be beneficial.
Our client brings together a unique source of equipment supply and engineering and project management services for the production of the full range of minerals and metals. Integrated solutions are provided through well-established wholly owned brand leaders in the industry.
NB to look for:
- Tertiary qualification in mineral/s processing/materials handling/chemical eng/metallurgical eng
- 8+ years exp after obtaining qualification
- Doesn't have to be SA national but has to have a valid work permit/visa to be eligible to work in SA immediately
- Experience/keywords: slurry handling, mineral processing, solid/liquid separation, Benefication Communition, Concentration
To apply please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org/p>