| || ||
Senior Metallurgist [July 28, 2017]
A Senior Metallurgist is required for our client’s antimony roaster project in Oman, an antimony and gold production facility with an output capacity of up to 26,000 tonnes per annum of antimony and 50,000 ounces of gold.
The ideal applicant should possess strong technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills along with the ability to assist with technological advancement projects and provide informal guidance to less experienced team members.
The ideal candidate should be from the Metal/Mining Industry and possess experience related to Antimony, Gold, Aluminum, Copper and Steel and have strong, demonstrable knowledge of data manipulation packages.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and ensuring the improvement and optimization of the plant metallurgical process efficiencies
- The successful applicant will also conduct process control and metallurgical tests to determine mineralogy, arrange parameters, apply re-agents and recommend improving equipment specifications in order to optimize recovery levels of minerals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage & Guide Operations staff to improve production outputs and efficiencies
- Research & Development; assist with Process Plant Optimization and provide Metallurgical Technical Services on a timely basis
- Responsible for developing processes, engineering specifications, quality support, and metallurgical evaluations
- This position will collaborate with engineering, the plants, QA on new technology, products, processes that enhance product performance and value
- Senior Metallurgist will also investigate opportunities for improving existing materials, processes, equipment, adherence to specifications, and technology for attaining cost reduction and continuous improvement goals
- Provide companywide expertise and guidance on materials, other metals, material development, material selection, material testing, coatings and failure analysis
- Provide companywide expertise and guidance on the relationship between materials and manufacturing processes focused mainly on casting, heat treating, and metalworking
- Investigate opportunities for improving existing materials, processes, equipment, and technology
- Provide hands-on support to production operations to implement cost reduction and productivity improvement projects
- Perform rigorous failure analysis. Conduct or manage laboratory testing and analysis.
- Participate in the advanced quality planning process to take products from design into production
- Support prototype trials, materials analysis and performance characterization.
- Participate in development and improvement of strategic suppliers
- Material selection and qualification
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Knowledge of physical and mechanical properties as well as evaluation methods (tensile strength, hardness, fatigue, fracture toughness, creep, SEM, non-destructive inspection, spectroscopy)
- An understanding of the interaction between process variables, alloy chemistry and the resulting material performance
- Demonstrated expertise in metallurgy
- Metallurgical evaluation skills and failure mode analysis techniques and methodologies
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science / Engineering or related degree
- 10-15 years’ experience in an industrial environment with Industries such as Mining, Steel, Metal Gas Treatment, Industrial Dryers and Gold Roasting
- 4- 5 years’ experience in a similar role, in particular, Antimony /gold plant experience
Communication and working Relationships:
- Personable with strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Innovative and able to drive new ideas through to implementation
- Proven ability to effectively solve problems and lead problem-solving activities and teams
- Proven ability to lead a project from research to launch with a strong customer focus
- Experience supervising multinational and multi-cultural employees
- Very good knowledge of English
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to interact with operations personnel at all levels and the ability to communicate effectively
The successful candidate will be based in Oman, on a residential basis. The project is expected to take approximately 18 months to two years to design, engineer, construct and commission to full production. This position is offered on either single or married status with excellent living conditions.
Please quote Reference Number PNME5370 when applying for this position.
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 298322
Fax: +44 (0) 1202 298383