| || ||
Shift Supervisor [July 28, 2017]
A Shift Supervisor is required for the Reduction Furnace for our client’s antimony roaster project in Oman; an antimony and gold production facility with an output capacity of up to 26,000 tonnes per annum of antimony and 50,000 ounces of gold.
The ideal applicant MUST HAVE supervision experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment in Metal/Mining Industry and should possess strong technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- As a Shift Supervisor, this role will be responsible for supervising, directing, and co-ordinating the activities of the operating crew;
- Ensuring Standard Quality and Operating Practices and Guidelines are followed;
- Trouble shooting, reducing unit downtime and improving performance of facility equipment;
- Commissioning, operations and trouble-shooting of Reduction furnaces, kiln process, fluidized bed furnaces and ore blending process;
- Experienced in Extraction metallurgy, Smelter Operations, and furnaces, Hydrometallurgy and beneficiation;
- Experience in erection and commissioning smelter projects;
- Planning production activities with effective operations and cost factors in mind;
- Implementing the production plan by co-ordinating material movement and operation;
- Meeting customer specifications including quality and delivery requirements;
- Planning and executing cost saving strategies;
- Developing and implementing operating methods and procedures that eliminate operating problems and improve product quality;
- Monitors production costs and adjusts processes and resources to minimize costs and;
- Ensures conduct of plant maintenance programs and availability of parts and tooling to meet production deadlines.
- Supervises the department’s implementation of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) programs.
- Participates in Incident Response and Command activities,
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in Engineering, Metallurgical/Mechanical/ Chemical/Science
- 10-15 years’ experience in an industrial environment with Industries like Mining, Steel, Metal Gas Treatment, Industrial Dryers and Gold Roasting
- 4- 5 years’ experience in similar role with a preference for experience in Reduction Furnace Operations
Communication and working Relationships
- Experience supervising multinational and multi-cultural employees;
- Demonstrated increasing responsibility through career;
- Very good knowledge of English
- Proven leadership skills;
- Ability to interact with operations personnel at all levels and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
The role is based in Oman on a residential basis. Please quote Reference Number PNME5384 when applying for this position.
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 298322
Fax: +44 (0) 1202 298383