| || ||
Technology Transfer and Commercialization Expert [September 28, 2017]
Vi Holding - an international investment and industrial group of companies with Russian capital, employing an experienced multinational team of managers and specialists in mining, minerals processing and extractive metallurgy - opens a position - Technology Transfer and Commercialization Expert
Organize the review of technological solutions for transfer
- Identify innovative features of the technology and technological competence;
- Organize diagnostics and expert appraisal of the technology commercialization (from engineering, investment, and manufacturing standpoints) and prepare a report on the outlooks of the technology commercialization;
- Prepare recommendations on further organizational measures towards practical implementation of the commercialization project;
- Review technology commercialization measures already taken;
- Assess and, provide an opinion on, compliance of methods and procedures used with best international practice;
- Align engineering solutions and documents with international standards and provide a relevant opinion.
Evaluate the technology’s potential for transnational / interregional transfer
- Identify the technology advantages for potential customers drawing on international and Russian methodological experience in technology transfer;
- Assess the impact of the external marketing environment;
- Position and identify potential target markets for the technology that would make the Project more competitive;
- Evaluate the market opportunities and the technology’s readiness for transfer;
- Prepare recommendations on promoting the technology.
Organize the technology’s protection
- Assess the status of intellectual property rights to the technology and evaluate international opportunities for the technology’s commercialization;
- Ensure the possibility for the protected transnational use of the technology and assess the need for certification in target countries;
- Organize the protection of intellectual property rights to the technology;
- Organize the protection of the technology and technology-based processes;
- Develop and implement transnational patent protection, etc.
Develop a market launch strategy for the technology
- Define and substantiate the strategy (goals, objectives, deliverables) and steps (instruments) to be taken to find partners;
- Develop a global technology commercialization (transfer) model;
- Develop a technology transfer roadmap;
- Develop an efficient marketing practice drawing on the technology transfer experience of innovation relay centers;
- Draft the project summary;
- Develop a business plan for the technology commercialization;
- Identify the means for the technology transfer: technological partnership (international).
Prepare technology promotion materials
- Prepare information for companies interested in the technology and for their introduction to the technology;
- Prepare a Technology Request (TR) and a Technology Profile (TP) in line with international standards to ensure technology information exchange among external consumers of such information;
- Enter the Technology Request (TR) and Technology Profiles (TPs) into the information system (as necessary);
- Follow up on the quality of engineering and presentation materials.
Searching for technology cooperation partners
- Develop relations with upstream and downstream companies, metallurgical feedstock suppliers, engineering centers, research organizations, etc.
- Identify potential customers through company visits, events (workshops), newsletters, articles in media (e.g. magazines), etc.;
- Assess whether the partner’s interests match its capabilities;
- Arrange for initial negotiations through personal contacts, technology fairs, broker events, and special theme-based business meetings between companies and technology owners;
- Identify leads who express their interest for technology cooperation;
- Organize interaction with international technology commercialization centers.
- Sign a Letter of Intent;
Support transactions and technology commercialization
- Draft the terms of reference, timetable, and cost estimate for the project;
- Draft agreements;
- Draft financing documents;
- Support the transaction;
- Carefully monitor the project’s implementation;
- Follow up the completion of the timetable and cost estimate milestones;
- Ensure the use of technologies;
Requirements to education (profile and level):
- Higher engineering or industry-related education. Preferably a post graduate degree (diploma) in innovative management.
Requirements to experience and skills:
- Experience in engineering, innovative, or business activities in the research market;
- Preferably experience in new technology development and marketing of R&D products and technologies;
- Expertise and experience in applying Technology Audit (TA) methods;
- Expertise and experience in engineering marketing;
- Experience in technology transfer and commercialization.
We are ready to discuss decent compensation with a successful candidate.
Please forward you CV to email@example.com